The thing about the Arts is that they are very open to interpretation. Here are the tactile arts as they apply to Artsy Directory. I’m sure there are artistic creations that I don’t know about that fits multiple categories. Do what makes sense and I’m sure it will be fine.
- Botanical: bath, body, beauty, and home products that are primarily made from natural botanical ingredients such as herbs, oils, creams and butters.
- Ceramic: home products and tools that are primarily made from clays and ceramics.
- Fiber: tools, accessories, home items, etc. made primarily of fiber or cloth. Includes natural and synthetic fibers and cloths. Jewelry Artists who primarily specialize in jewelry created by knit/crochet/beading should be in the jewelry category.
- Glass: tools and products primarily made from glass. New or recycled glass.
- Jewelry: tools and products primarily intended to be worn as an accessory such as rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces.
- Metal: tools and products primarily made of metal. Other than jewelry which should be in the jewelry category
- Paper: tools and products primarily made for or used on paper. Painting, drawing, scrapbooking, card making, collage, etc.
- Wood: tools and products primarily made from wood. Housewares, boxes, furniture, tools, etc.